Unlimited: Musical Theatre Audition Techniques with Bridie Carroll Srsen
January 29 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:30 am on Saturday, repeating until February 12, 2022
Join Bridie Carroll Srsen for a 4-Week Audition Technique Workshop to hone your skills and become “Unlimited” in the audition room, giving you that confidence you have always wanted. This workshop is designed for students with singing and acting abilities who may or may not have prior experience on a musical theatre stage. The goal is to empower participants to grow and advance their art. Ages 12-18.
Workshop Topics Include:
● How to choose the right song for you
● How to enter & greet the creative team
● How to communicate with your accompanist
● Create a beginning to your song and connect song intention and accompanist timing
● Intentions, subtext – discussion of who you are singing to and about
● At least 2-4 opportunities to work on your material
● A pianist in the room to work with you
● Specific and valuable feedback to enhance your audition techniques and material.
● Added confidence for future auditions through your efforts in preparation
● Have 2-4 songs prepared in 32 bar form. (Give or take a few bars is fine.)
● Have sheet music for each of these songs.
● Be prepared each week to sing and work (though you might not get that opportunity every week to sing, watching others work will provide valuable insight to your own techniques).
● Come with a willingness to learn and make mistakes because that is how you grow!